Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > DropdownList & Textbox

DropdownList & Textbox

Martin Venter

Hi Everyone,

I want too write a custom control involving a DropDownList and a TextBox.

Basically I sometimes want to render a dropdownlist and sometimes a textbox
but never both at the same time.

The custom control needs to have all the properties and events of both
individual controls and handle autopostback and viewstate.

The question is from which control I should inherit from and what else I
need to do to make this work.

So far I've decided to inherit from dropdownlist until anyone tells me
better and I've added a DisplayMode property which can be DropDownList or
TextBox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Martin

Eugenio Serrano

Please check this articule. Is in spanish, but i hope can help you. (You can
download the code and try it)
Is a control that do some like you search.
http://www.microsoft.com/spanish/msd...ces/art177.asp

--
Saludos,
Eugenio Serrano