Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Passing in a parameter

Passing in a parameter

Jon

Hello All,

I've declared my usercontrol in the normal way (page directive) and to load
it I'm doing: <webapp:menu runat="server" />. However, is there a way I can
pass a parameter into it as this menu will be used on a number of pages and
on each page it needs to show the same info, but with a different css applied
so i need to know what page i'm on.

Any other ideas would be appreciated also,

Thanks,

Jon

pete

Couldn't you specify a public property on the user control which you could
use to indicate the css file to use?

Pete

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All,
>
> I've declared my usercontrol in the normal way (page directive) and to

load
> it I'm doing: <webapp:menu runat="server" />. However, is there a way I

can
> pass a parameter into it as this menu will be used on a number of pages

and
> on each page it needs to show the same info, but with a different css

applied
> so i need to know what page i'm on.
>
> Any other ideas would be appreciated also,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

G Rupe

Look at