Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > How to FTP via VPN to sites on different IP's ?

How to FTP via VPN to sites on different IP's ?

Jason Robertson

Hi,

The VPN works fine, but I want to FTP through the VPN so the connection is
encrypted. The problem is each of my IIS sites has a real Internet address
specified, w.x.y.z. So when the VPN comes up using a private IP, I can't
connect to any of the FTP sites using the VPN server's IP, 10.10.10.2. Could
you give me specific directions how to deal with this?

Thank you for your help.

Naveen K Kohli

Usually in this kind of setup, all servers have 2 IP addresses. One that is
private 10.x.x.x and other that is visibl to out side world. Or there is
some kind of NAT. Check with your ISP about the private address of web
servers.

Naveen Kohli
http://www.netomatix.com
http://www.criticalsites.com/naveen