Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Connection in my computer?

Wireless Connection in my computer?

=?Utf-8?B?TUFD?=

I have a WinXP Compaq Presario. How do I know if I have wireless connection
built in? I see that in my network I have wireless connection enabled, but
how do I turn it on?

Malke

MAC wrote:

> I have a WinXP Compaq Presario. How do I know if I have wireless
> connection
> built in? I see that in my network I have wireless connection
> enabled, but how do I turn it on?

Various ways to answer your questions:

1. Look at the paperwork you got when you bought the machine.
2. Look at the manual for how to turn on the wireless connection.
3. If you don't have the paperwork or manual, go to Compaq's tech
support site for your specific model laptop. It will have information
about the components and the maual.
4. Go to Device Manager (System applet in Control Panel) and look under
Network Adapters.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
I Do not specifically about the Presario, but some computers have actual physical switch
that is needed to be switched On the activated the power to the Wireless hardware.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news(E-Mail Removed)...