Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Order of events

Order of events

Rock

I have a form with several controls on it, one control has a drop down list.
When a user selects an item in that drop down list, I want everything on
that page to change according to what the user selects.

However, rather than the control's drop down list change event firing first,
which I would think would happen, everything else is reloaded, so the values
of everything reflects the previously selected item, not the currently
selected item.

This makes no sense to me -- how do I get the change event to fire first,
then reload the form and other controls so they are getting the correct
values.

Thanks for any help you can give me, I am thoroughly confused on why the
order of events seems to be backward.