Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Howto detect the size of the browserwindow.

Howto detect the size of the browserwindow.

EMW

I created my page to work on a 800x600 size window, but when the user has
his/her screen set on a larger size, they'll get a empty area at the right
side of the screen.
I don't like this, looks unproffessional, so I want to fill it with
something, but only if the size is larger then 800x600.

How can I detect this in the FormOpen part of my aspx program?

rg,
Eric

Rajiv R

Eric,

resolution of the screen is not part of the standard http header and
therefore, u can not retrieve it on the server-side, from your request
object.

You can access it on the client-side with window.screen.width and
window.screen.height.

A little off-topic.. however, this might a good read:
http://www.smartwebby.com/web_site_d...web_design.asp

--
Cheers!
Rajiv. R

"EMW" <SomeOne@MicroSoftdotCom> wrote in message
news:407a7a86$0$41758$(E-Mail Removed) i.nl...
> I created my page to work on a 800x600 size window, but when the user has
> his/her screen set on a larger size, they'll get a empty area at the right
> side of the screen.
> I don't like this, looks unproffessional, so I want to fill it with
> something, but only if the size is larger then 800x600.
>
> How can I detect this in the FormOpen part of my aspx program?
>
> rg,
> Eric

EMW

thanks!

"Rajiv R" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...