Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > DateTimePick control.

DateTimePick control.

Ken Varn

I have been experimenting with embedding ActiveX as an HTML Object control
on my asp.net page utilizing the DATETIMEPICK control. I am a bit new to
using ActiveX, but I read up on how to implement ActiveX controls into
ASP.NET and decided to give it a try.

I basically derived a control from WebControl and gave it a constructor
value of HtmlTextWriterTag.Object. I added all the Com hooks for the
DateTimePick class (clsid:20DD1B9E-87C4-11D1-8BE3-0000F8754DA1). The
control worked great on my web page, but to my dismay only seems to work on
the localhost browser. I found that this clsid was not available on other
machines. I distinctly thought that the DateTimePick WIN32 object was put
in as of Internet Explorer 4 and up. Am I using the wrong clsid? Is there
an older version of DateTimePick that is available as an ActiveX control
that is natively installed with IE?

I know that .NET Windows Forms has a DateTimePicker control, but I do not
want my clients to have to install .NET framework to use my ASP.NET page on
their browsers. I would rather implement DateTimePick as an ActiveX control
as illustrated above. Can someone give me some insight on if this is
possible?

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk