Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Retaining WebControl Properties

Retaining WebControl Properties

Angel

I have built a web control that inherits from webcontrol class. When using the control I created in a project, I set certain properties such as the Font, font size that were inherit in the webcontrol class. When I perform a postback to the server those properties that I set with values are not retained, eventhough I set EnableViewState = true.

Do I need to save all the inherited properties from webcontrol and my own custom properties to ViewState in the WebControl?

Thanks...

John Saunders

"Angel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have built a web control that inherits from webcontrol class. When using

the control I created in a project, I set certain properties such as the
Font, font size that were inherit in the webcontrol class. When I perform a
postback to the server those properties that I set with values are not
retained, eventhough I set EnableViewState = true.

> Do I need to save all the inherited properties from webcontrol and my own

custom properties to ViewState in the WebControl?

In which event did you set the properties?
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail