Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Setting a control property

Setting a control property

Chris Kennedy

I have a custom composite control which reads in information from an XML
file in its createchildcontrols() event. I would like to be able to set this
XML file to different places at runtime as the XML is used to determine the
number and type of child controls and so would make the control much more
reusable. The problem is the timing of the various events. What event on the
parent page will be sufficently late enough for the createchildcontrols() on
the control? My problem is I am trying to set the location of the XML file
via a property in the control in the onLoad event of the parent page which I
assume occurs before the instantiation of the control. Any suggestios or
pointers. Regards, Chris.