Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Loading user controls many times in a page is a good solution?

Quentin Huo

Hi,

One of the features in my project is to show the content one by one. We have
several types of content, such as "Articles", "Books", "Images" and so on.
The different type has different look. For example, we don't need show
authors for the "Images" content; we need to show the link to the bookshops
online for the "Books" content; and .... So I think using "user control"
might be a solution here. The different type has different "user control"
and the dynamic loading is used for the different user control.

But we need show 20 pieces of content (they may be a same type and maybe
not) in each page, so that the user control(s) will be loaded 20 times. So I
am doubt this is not a good solution because it may be low efficient.

How do you think? If not, any suggestion?

Thank you!

Q.

ccallen

Have you looked at using / extending one of the templated controls like such
as a DataList or Repeater control, or building your own?

ccallen

news:(E-Mail Removed)...