Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Questions about embedded winControl

Questions about embedded winControl

A Lonely Programmer

Hi group,

i have 2 questions i hope somebody can answer about a wincontrol being
hosted in ie.

1. Is it possible to create a pop up that prompts for a user name and
password when a button on my control is clicked?

2. Why are there no tooltips for controls in a wincontrol library project?
is there a way to get this functionality? through an implements call or
inheritance maybe?

thanks

Steve

Muckeypuck

> 1. Is it possible to create a pop up that prompts for a user name and
> password when a button on my control is clicked?

yes. make a form and call it ofrmlogin then declare an instance of it in the
control.

public withevents loginform as new ofrmlogin

....code...
....more code..

public sub button_onclick() handles btn1.click

loginform.showmodal() 'intellisense spells it right, dont worry =)

end sub

> 2. Why are there no tooltips for controls in a wincontrol library project?
> is there a way to get this functionality? through an implements call or
> inheritance maybe?

yes drag on off the toolbox onto the control (thanks tim!)

news:ekbrd8T$(E-Mail Removed)...