Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > The file is being used by some other process

The file is being used by some other process

Jagadeesh

hi ,

Am trying to read from and write to a same xml file.i have no prob when
reading the xml file.but when i write to the same file i get the following
error even after closing the reader object(which is open).

The file is being used by some other process.

regards
Jagadeesh

William Ryan

Jagadeesh:

It'd help if you posted the code, but how are you reading the XML file?
DataSet.ReadXML or XMLReader? I'm guessing from your post it's the latter,
but if that's the case, why are you leaving the reader open? (I may be
misunderstanding your post, but if the reader is closed, how is it still
open?).

Let me see the code and hopefully I can be of more help.

Bill
news:u$(E-Mail Removed)...