Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Exposing an internal datasource in the designer

Exposing an internal datasource in the designer

Art

I've created a Custom control that inherits from the
DataGrid class. My control contains collections that I
want to appear in the DataSource property dropdown at
design time. Once I've selected the DataSource, I want
to be able to set the columns of my control from the
collection through the property builder.

I've spent ages trying to superclass DataGridDesigner but
can't work out what to do or whether this is the correct
approach.

Has anyone help me out?

Thanks

Art

Gerben van Loon

Hi art,

Mayb this article helps you:

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/we...atabinding.asp

Cheers,

Gerben

"Art" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0adb01c3d6c7$909c6370$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've created a Custom control that inherits from the
> DataGrid class. My control contains collections that I
> want to appear in the DataSource property dropdown at
> design time. Once I've selected the DataSource, I want
> to be able to set the columns of my control from the
> collection through the property builder.
>
> I've spent ages trying to superclass DataGridDesigner but
> can't work out what to do or whether this is the correct
> approach.
>
> Has anyone help me out?
>
> Thanks
>
> Art

Thanks Gerben,

That's a useful article, but it doesn't answer my
problem. Beause I'm superclassing the datagrid, the
DataGridDesigner implements all the design time
functionality required for datasources on the page, but
my DataSource is in my control not on the page. It is
this internal datasource that I want to expose to the
Designer.

Cheers

Art

asp

>Cheers,
>
>Gerben
>
>"Art" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:0adb01c3d6c7$909c6370$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've created a Custom control that inherits from the
>> DataGrid class. My control contains collections that I
>> want to appear in the DataSource property dropdown at
>> design time. Once I've selected the DataSource, I want
>> to be able to set the columns of my control from the
>> collection through the property builder.
>>
>> I've spent ages trying to superclass DataGridDesigner

but
>> can't work out what to do or whether this is the

correct
>> approach.
>>
>> Has anyone help me out?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Art

>.

Dinhduy Tran

Hi Art,

Did you expose an IList from your control?

Dinh Duy