Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > UserControl and property

UserControl and property

Brian Bugge

Is it possible to display properties of my usercontrol in the propertygrid
in vs.net

eg.

[System.ComponentModel.Browsable(true),System.Compo nentModel.EditorBrowsable
(EditorBrowsableState.Always),DesignerSerializatio nVisibility(DesignerSerial
izationVisibility.Visible)]
public string Text{

get{

return this.mytextvar;

}

set{

this.mytextvar=value;

}

}

The above does not work, anyone who knows why ?

The only properties in the propertygrid is: EnableViewStae, Visible,
(Databindings), ID

(It is not a custom control, but a System.Web.UI.UserControl)

Brian Bugge - Denmark

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

this is limitation with user controls and is not supported in current VS.NET
versions. New Web Matrix and becoming VS.NET should bring design-time
support for user controls (at web form) and probably also the way to view
properties in Property Browser.

--
Teemu Keiski

news:bshtjf$1u12$(E-Mail Removed)...