Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Dynamic Changing Properties

Dynamic Changing Properties

Shawn B.

Greetings,

Suppose I have a control that by default, all the properties and text
rendered is English. If supported, and the user changes to say, arabic, is
it possible for me to change the control enumerations also in the property
editor so that it looks Arabic?

I'd think not. Perhaps I have to use a special control editor and use
strings and then map the string to a particular number indicating the option
chosen? But then the intellisense won't be there in the IDE.

Thanks,
Shawn

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Shawn,

You can extend the DescriptionAttribute to show localized text for each of
your properties. You may want to look at the book "Developing ASP.NET Server
Controls and Components"[1] which includes an example of how to do this.

[1]

Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET
http://obies.com/vga/blog.aspx