Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Handle exception in ProcessPostData

Handle exception in ProcessPostData

Mono

Is there any way to catch (and handle) exceptions in the ProcessPostData or
ProcessPostDataSecondTry methods?

p.s.
From custom web control.

Zarko

Victor Garcia Aprea

Hi Mono,

I'm thinking of a few ugly ways on how to achieve what you ask for, but can
you give a few more details on why you need such a thing and what you're
trying to address, maybe I can come up with a not-so-ugly alternative

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

"Mono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way to catch (and handle) exceptions in the ProcessPostData

or
> ProcessPostDataSecondTry methods?
>
> p.s.
> From custom web control.
>
> Zarko

Mono

Victor,

> trying to address, maybe I can come up with a not-so-ugly alternative

I'm reading the folder structure of a directory on a web server, each
(sub)folder processed is actually displayed as a link on a web page. Now if
anyone changes the underlying folder structure in a directory (while this
web page is being displayed) I'm exposing, an error in ProcessPostData will
be raised - since asp.net cannot find all the controls ("folder hyperlinks")
that existed on the previous "postback" ok?

p.s.
I know the problem is in dynamic creation of controls in a composite web
control - but on the "next" postback I really don't have all the controls
that previously "existed" - cannot create a hyper link to raise a postback
when the folder does not exist anymore - no matter that this particular
holder-hyperlink was not the one to raise the postback event.

Now, as I see it, the error pops up in ProcessPostDataSecondTry and there's
no way to catch and handle the exception there.

Zarko