Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > debug a user control

debug a user control

rua17

I created a control that inherits from button

What should I do in order to debug the code that I just created. I built the
control with debug info, and I put some break points but, when I execute the
button from a form, The code doesn't start the debugger.

Any Ideas??

Chris Bower

Did you actually start in Debug mode? (The play button) You can't just build
the project, you have to enter debugging mode with whatever server the web
page is hosted on (which means that if you're hosting the page at a remote
server, you have to have debugging rights on that server.) If you don't have
access to the server to place yourself in the Debugger Users group, you'd
probably be better of developing locally and then deploying to your remote
server after debugging.

"rua17" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23RN15%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I created a control that inherits from button
>
> What should I do in order to debug the code that I just created. I built

the
> control with debug info, and I put some break points but, when I execute

the
> button from a form, The code doesn't start the debugger.
>
> Any Ideas??

rua17

This it's what I'm doing, if there's anything please tell me.

I created the button control in a solution that will contain all my user
controls. I built it with debug info

I created a new test project, with a form as the only object.
I customized the tool bar and picked the button DLL in order to see the
component in the bar.
I dragged and dropped the component into the form
I ran the form

Why when I touched the button it didn't stop in the break points??

thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed)...