Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > scheduler

scheduler

Alex Wagner

I need to run/create reports a couple times a day via an aspx page. Does
anybody know of a code sample that would allow me to call an aspx page via
windows task scheduler?

thnx

Curt_C [MVP]

leave it open, put a metarefresh in it

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Alex Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I need to run/create reports a couple times a day via an aspx page. Does
> anybody know of a code sample that would allow me to call an aspx page via
> windows task scheduler?
>
> thnx

Alex Wagner

it has to run off of task scheduler

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> leave it open, put a metarefresh in it
>
> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> www.Darkfalz.com
>

> "Alex Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I need to run/create reports a couple times a day via an aspx page. Does
> > anybody know of a code sample that would allow me to call an aspx page

via
> > windows task scheduler?
> >
> > thnx

Dan Brussee

Ive had good luck just setting the IE program name and URL as a
parameter as in Task Scheduler

C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE "www.domain.com/whatever.aspx"

This will leave the web browser open. Under settings, set a checkbox
to stop the task if it runs over X minutes. Mine is set to 5. I leave
the system that runs tasks up and running under a user account, so Im
not sure how / if this would work in a more strict "server"
environment.

There are also several web sites that allow you to run daily, monthly,
whatever web URLs. Most are reasonable cost. One or two are also free.