Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Control doesn't respond to Postback

Control doesn't respond to Postback

Janaka

I have a Custom Control which is used for searching on my site. I've made
it a child of a PlaceHolder, which is contained within the server form tag.
This uses client and server-side validation and both of these work
correctly. The Page_Load event handles fine in my custom control but
whenever I try to do a search the page will postback but the "Search" event
is not fired. I've checked my Button control is wired to the "Search"
event. Is this a problem because the control is contained within a
PlaceHolder?

Pooran Prasad

Hi Janaka,
If your control receives postback events you must
implement IPostBackEventHandler.
Ref : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-
us/cpguide/html/cpconcontrolexecutionlifecycle.asp
Hope that helps
Have a great day
R Pooran Prasad

Janaka

Thanks for the reply. I found out what the problem was though. I was
adding the Control to the PlaceHolder during onPreRender hence it was being
added after the PostBack event handler was called.

news:00a101c39262$77b27420$(E-Mail Removed)...