Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > ExpandableObjectConverter

ExpandableObjectConverter

stefano mostarda

Hi There,

I have a problem.

I have developed a customcontrol in c#.

I have a property composed by 3 sub-property. I have implemented an
expandableobjectconverter and everything works fine.

The problem is that every time I change this property, using property
window, and switch to html view no changes have been posted to html code. If
I change the control code in html view and switch to page view all changes I
made are transferred to control property.

Any Idea???

Thanks in advance

Stefano Mostarda
Rome Italy

Teemu Keiski

Have you specified the property with any design-time attributes?

--
Teemu Keiski

"stefano mostarda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi There,
>
> I have a problem.
>
> I have developed a customcontrol in c#.
>
> I have a property composed by 3 sub-property. I have implemented an
> expandableobjectconverter and everything works fine.
>
> The problem is that every time I change this property, using property
> window, and switch to html view no changes have been posted to html code.

If
> I change the control code in html view and switch to page view all changes

> made are transferred to control property.
>
> Any Idea???
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Stefano Mostarda
> Rome Italy

Nigil LaVey

hi guys,

I am having this problems too... if I inherits it from
System.Web.UI.WebControl.WebControls.. it works fine.. but if I inherits it
from System.Web.UI.Control. I am unable to edit those property via ".aspx
"page and all those Nested Class Property will be gone also.

for source code reference.please go to the following links.

try to run that sample and change the inherit class
"System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl
" to "System.Web.UI.Control"

[DefaultProperty("EmployeeInfo"),
ToolboxData("<{0}:EmployeeControl runat=server></{0}:EmployeeControl>")]
public class EmployeeControl: System.Web.UI.Control

so did u manage to solve it?

please advise,
Nigil

news:(E-Mail Removed)...