Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > property is disabled at design time of my custom control

property is disabled at design time of my custom control

vipul DotNet

hi,

i have created a custom control and have added a property.
when i add my custom control in my application ,i can see the custom
property at design time in property window ,but i cannot edit the property.
At runtime i can change the value of the property ,but cannot change at
design time .
what is the solution to the problem
please reply

regards
vipul

Sean Winstead

>what is the solution to the problem

If your property is of a custom type (i.e., some class that you have
created) then you most likely need to define a TypeConverter for that
property.

The following article contains a section about TypeConverters.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...c_vsdescmp.asp

--
Sean Winstead
http://www.componentscience.net