Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Custom Server Control with Panel --> how?

Custom Server Control with Panel --> how?

Gönen EREN

Hi ,
I want to built a custom server control which has:
* a panel
* a button which sets the visiblity of the panel true or false

and finally a want to add controls in the custom control
(label,datagrid,...) in the aspx page just like an aspanel

i have a very small experience in building server controls so if you have
any ideas or sample code please send it
thanks for your help.

Gönen EREN

Teemu Keiski

You may want to look at so-called composite controls.Basically it is a
control that creates its child controls on its CreateChildControls method
and also implements INamingContainer interface Check examples at these
newsgroups and also provided resources.

--
Teemu Keiski
MCP, Designer/Developer

AspInsiders Member, www.aspinsiders.com
ASP.NET Forums Moderator, www.asp.net

"Gönen EREN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
> I want to built a custom server control which has:
> * a panel
> * a button which sets the visiblity of the panel true or false
>
> and finally a want to add controls in the custom control
> (label,datagrid,...) in the aspx page just like an aspanel
>
> i have a very small experience in building server controls so if you have
> any ideas or sample code please send it
> thanks for your help.
>
> Gönen EREN
> (E-Mail Removed)

Gönen EREN

Will i able to use it like
<CustomControl:CustomPanel id="xxx" runat=server [...]>
Adding here whatever i want to be displayed in the custom panel
including datagrid label ...
</CustomControl:CustomPanel>

Teemu Keiski

Sure, in that case control is specified using ParseChildren attribute that
it maps the inner content as child controls not to its properties (as is
default for WebControl)

All these things are discussed in MSDN documentation about building server
controls and in MSPress's book "Developing ASP.NET Server Controls and
Components". You might also want to check Building Controls forum at ASP.NET
Forums, www.asp.net/forums

--
Teemu Keiski
MCP, Designer/Developer
Mansoft tietotekniikka Oy
http://www.mansoft.fi

AspInsiders Member, www.aspinsiders.com
ASP.NET Forums Moderator, www.asp.net

"Gönen EREN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will i able to use it like
> <CustomControl:CustomPanel id="xxx" runat=server [...]>
> Adding here whatever i want to be displayed in the custom panel
> including datagrid label ...
> </CustomControl:CustomPanel>

Gönen EREN

ok. thanks for your help =)