Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > how to fire a postback event

how to fire a postback event

flashk

Hi, All

I design a composite custom control, which has three dropdownlists in
it. I find as long as one of the dropdownlist control's id is assigned
using uniqueid property of my custom control then a postback event
will be fired, but since my dropdownlist has javascript event which
does some function and using dropdownlist ids to identify them, since
uniqueid is generated dynamaically, it is difficult for my js function
know the id, is there any other method to solve the problem, i tried
create a hidden type input with id = uniqueid, but it seems postback
event can't be fired... needs help thx a lot

regards
Kevin

Matt Dockerty

Not much experience with custom controls but this should work. Call
Page.RegisterRequiresPostBack(control) to request that your parent control
is notified about the post data. You then need to implement
IPostBackDataHandler on the control to recieve the postback data.

hth, Matt

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...