Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Control assembly and designer problem

Control assembly and designer problem

Mark Aurit

Hi
Ive found a real nice class that inherits from DataGrid
and adds a lot of functionality to it, enough so I want to
use it in the app Ive mostly built. I took the class,
changed the namespace, and compiled it into the namespace
Im using. When I look in ildasm, I can see it with its
properties, methods, etc.
In the developers sample app use the @ Register directive
in an aspx with a tagprefix, namespace, and assembly
name. I do the same, changing the namespace, and get the
red "Error Creating Control" in designer, with the
description "Parser error: Unknown server tag with the
tagprefix:assembly" Im using.
Ive tried any number of things in my code and in sample
code, and keep getting this. I looked at the ms support
kb, but couldnt find any help. The error message seems
pretty explanatory - but what could I be missing to make
the tag visible in designer? What should I be looking at?
Thanks a lot for your help, Mark

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Mark,

Could you post the entire @Register directive you're using along with the
..aspx code and the full name of custom control? That would really help
guessing what may be going wrong,

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

news:02d401c35a20$be775210$(E-Mail Removed)...