Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Nested Composite Controls

Nested Composite Controls

Aaron Dunfield

I have built a composite control that takes in XML and creates
controls based on the XML. One of the controls that this composite
control creates is itself a composite control. The problem that I am
running into is that the second composite control is not receiving any
events. If I use this second control on it's own on a page it
receives the event just fine but if it is nested within the first
composite control it doesn't receive the event. Has anyone else run
into this?

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron Dunfield

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Aaron Dunfield) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I have built a composite control that takes in XML and creates
> controls based on the XML. One of the controls that this composite
> control creates is itself a composite control. The problem that I am
> running into is that the second composite control is not receiving any
> events. If I use this second control on it's own on a page it
> receives the event just fine but if it is nested within the first
> composite control it doesn't receive the event. Has anyone else run
> into this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron

I think I have figured out my problem. In the second composite
control that is being created by the first one I changed the method
signature of the Event from Private to Internal. Then in the first
custom control when I create the second custom control I also create a
new event handler to handle the event that was causing the problem.
So far so good....

A.

Jean-Philippe Gouigoux \(MGDIS\)

I ran into the same problem and solved id by force-assigning an ID to the
composite control. This way, when the page-load is done, you are sure to
make the right correspondance and have your events thrown.

JP

(E-Mail Removed)...