Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Validation Summary MessageBox Problem

Validation Summary MessageBox Problem

Aaron Dunfield

Hi,

I have built a composite control that takes in XML and creates
controls based on the XML. For a simple example to test my control,
it takes in XML to build 2 controls, a dropdown list and a textbox.
These controls are created no problem at all. The problem I am having
is when I try and use the RequiredFieldValidator and the
ValidationSummary controls. The RequiredFieldValidator works but when
I try and use the ValidationSummary control's Message Box option I
can't seem to get it to work. I have set the ShowMessageBox = true
and I am using IE6. Instead of a message box I only get a <DIV> with
the error message I have set in the RequiredFieldValidator. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Aaron