Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Loading File In Design Mode

oneeye

Hello All

I have created a control that loads child controls using definitions in an
xml file. The xml file to use is set as a property of the control (to derive
the physical file path, the control pre-pends the web app root (~) to the
properties' value and then does a Server.MapPath)

I am currently in the process of building a design er for this control. Is
it possible to load the file in Design mode i.e. can I work out the
applications web root and translate this to a physical file path in design
mode??.

The alternative would be to manually add dummy child controls to the parent
controls in design view.

Thanks in advance for your help