Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP .Net Building Controls > Calling .NET Assembly from JavaScript...

Calling .NET Assembly from JavaScript...

arc

I have a requirement to call .NET assembly (Custom component) from thin
client Page (ASPX).
This Assembly talks only TCP/IP with an external server and hence cannot
interact over HTTP.
That's the reason I am trying to make a call from the Client Script so that
the information could be captured from screen, sent to the Assembly
and is fired by the Client Script itself because the Assembly as such is
dumb

Is there a way to perform this? Or should it be done only by a Thick Windows
Client?
Here is a sample code within which I would like to make a call to this
Assembly.

<%@ Register TagPrefix="UITemplate" TagName="TTop" Src="include/top.ascx" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="UpdateProfile.aspx.cs"
AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="XXX.UpdateProfile" %>
<HTML dir="ltr">
<HEAD>
<title>XXX</title>
name="vs_targetSchema">
<script language="javascript">
function validateProfile()
{
//////Call to Assembly - ServerConnector
}
</HEAD>
</HTML>

Regards,
Arc

Steve B. [Labo.Net]

The only way I see is to build a COM component with Dotnet, and embed it
into the page.
Note that security zones may need to be changed, or assembly strongly named
and signed

Steve

"arc" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a requirement to call .NET assembly (Custom component) from thin
> client Page (ASPX).
> This Assembly talks only TCP/IP with an external server and hence cannot
> interact over HTTP.
> That's the reason I am trying to make a call from the Client Script so

that
> the information could be captured from screen, sent to the Assembly
> and is fired by the Client Script itself because the Assembly as such is
> dumb
>
> Is there a way to perform this? Or should it be done only by a Thick

Windows
> Client?
> Here is a sample code within which I would like to make a call to this
> Assembly.
>
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="UITemplate" TagName="TTop" Src="include/top.ascx"

%>