Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > validators stop working on 2003 server

validators stop working on 2003 server

Jason Shohet

We coppied our site up to a 2003 remote server, and our validators stopped
working. I read on another posting, that the validation mechanism works by
examining some validation.js file in the web root folder, and the path to
this folder is in the web.config file??

I'm looking at the web.config file of the site, and don't see a path to some
folder, or some validation.js file.
Can someone help me out here. TY

Jason Shohet

=?Utf-8?B?QmluIFNvbmcsIE1DUA==?=

Hi, Jason

the client-side scripts for ASP.NET reside in the aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory
If you cannot find it, you can repair it using aspnet_regiis utility. Please se
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...t_regiisexe.as

Bin Song, MC

----- Jason Shohet wrote: ----

We coppied our site up to a 2003 remote server, and our validators stoppe
working. I read on another posting, that the validation mechanism works b
examining some validation.js file in the web root folder, and the path t
this folder is in the web.config file?

I'm looking at the web.config file of the site, and don't see a path to som
folder, or some validation.js file
Can someone help me out here. T

Jason Shohe

Jason Shohet

Bin,

i don't have time for a wild goose chase. I'm looking for some code on how
to do this. If you haven't done it yourself & have a couple lines of code
you can splash on the screen, i simply don't have the TIME to read thru MSDN
for a topic that i cannot even find in the list you gave me.