Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32

[wanted] python-ldap for Python 2.3 / Win32

Gilles Lenfant

Hi,

I have spent a couple of hours asking google, browsing Pypi, SF, and of course the official www.python-ldap.org site searching for a python-ldap installer for Python 2.3 on Windows 32 bits. Unsuccessfully

As I need to add this to an ooold Plone site, it is not easy to upgrade to a newer Python version. So, please don't tell me to upgrade

Many thanks by advance to the people who will help me. You can send this package via mail to gillesDOTlenfantATgmailDOTcom.

--
Gilles Lenfant

Michael Ströder

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> I have spent a couple of hours asking google, browsing Pypi, SF, and of
> course the official www.python-ldap.org site searching for a python-ldap
> installer for Python 2.3 on Windows 32 bits. Unsuccessfully

In theory even recent python-ldap 2.4.3 should still work with Python 2.3.
before post). Maybe you can convince the maintainer of the Win32 packages there.

Ciao, Michael.

Waldemar Osuch

I did try to build it using my current setup but it failed with some linking errors.
Oh well.

Google gods were nicer to me. Here is a couple alternative links.
Maybe they will work for you.
http://web.archive.org/web/200811010...ibs.org/mauro/
http://old.zope.org/Members/volkerw/LdapWin32/

Waldemar

Gilles Lenfant

So many thanks for your valuable help Waldemar, this is exactly what I needed. I have no Windows machine to compile with the source bundle all this, and must install this directly in a production server.

I'll keep these precious links and files in a trunk.

Many thanks again
--
Gilles Lenfant