Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Is there anyone who can recommend some Good C language Development Tools?

Is there anyone who can recommend some Good C language Development Tools?

Elisa

I remember that I have used a tool which is very good ,its logo is
like a rhombic-square style,and four sides are four different
color,but I forget the software's name , is there anyone who have used
it ?? Can you tell me ? Thanks so much !

I do not like to use visual studio ,its installation cost too many
time

but there is so less resource about CygWin , MinGW ,Code Warrior in
Chinese , Who knows where can I download them?

Thanks !!

Devin Chen

do you mean Code::Blocks?

Elisa

On 10月25日, 下午1时49分, Devin Chen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> do you mean Code::Blocks?

I am not sure ,but I went to the Code::Blocks' Website and download it
with installing .
I see this : http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/workspace
the logo in the first content row looks like very much....
I think maybe the Code::Blocks have changed its version ^^ and logo

Thanks ,Devin , Thank you very much~

Edward A. Falk

Good C language development tools?

I use vi, cc, and make. Anything else just gets in the way.

Free yourself! Embrace the command line.

--
-Ed Falk, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

Elisa

On Oct 26, 3:55*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Edward A. Falk) wrote:
> Good C language development tools?
>
> I use vi, cc, and make. *Anything else just gets in the way.
>
> Free yourself! *Embrace the command line.
>
> --
> * * * * -Ed Falk, (E-Mail Removed)
> * * * *http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

the command line?! you mean the DOS command line , right?
No matter how , I think you are right , I should free myself !!!~

James Kuyper

On 10/26/2011 05:28 AM, Elisa wrote:
> On Oct 26, 3:55锟絘m, (E-Mail Removed) (Edward A. Falk) wrote:
>> Good C language development tools?
>>
>> I use vi, cc, and make. 锟紸nything else just gets in the way.
>>
>> Free yourself! 锟紼mbrace the command line.

> the command line?! you mean the DOS command line , right?

Perhaps, if vi has been ported to DOS, which I suppose is quite
possible. However, I think it more likely he's talking about the command
line on a more competently designed OS, probably one similar to UNIX.
--
James Kuyper

Rich Webb

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 06:43:57 -0400, James Kuyper
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 10/26/2011 05:28 AM, Elisa wrote:
>> On Oct 26, 3:55?am, (E-Mail Removed) (Edward A. Falk) wrote:
>>> Good C language development tools?
>>>
>>> I use vi, cc, and make. ?Anything else just gets in the way.
>>>
>>> Free yourself! ?Embrace the command line.

>> the command line?! you mean the DOS command line , right?

>Perhaps, if vi has been ported to DOS, which I suppose is quite
>possible.

Oh heck yes. <http://www.vim.org/download.php> I'm pretty sure there
were other flavors besides vim, back in the day, but vim is the go-to
nowadays. The port-ability of vi is one of its strengths. I recall
building one for CP/M with BDS C back in the Paleolithic.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Phil Carmody

(E-Mail Removed) (Edward A. Falk) writes:
> Good C language development tools?
>
> I use vi, cc, and make. Anything else just gets in the way.
>
> Free yourself! Embrace the command line.

Amen. I often say "if it looks good, then it wasted your time by
making you look at it". (Or less explicily "if you notice the
interface, it has failed".)

Not that command lines are perfect, but the fact that my dwm session
contains more than 90% terminals, it's clear my own preference lies
there. (I have one conkerer window (a keyboard- driven browser), and a
perl/tk tool I wrote myself to help me find anagrams, the rest are
xterm or rxvt.)

Phil
-- Dennis Ritchie (1941-2011), Unix Co-Creator

Phil Carmody

Rich Webb <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 06:43:57 -0400, James Kuyper
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> the command line?! you mean the DOS command line , right?

> >Perhaps, if vi has been ported to DOS, which I suppose is quite
> >possible.

> Oh heck yes. <http://www.vim.org/download.php> I'm pretty sure there
> were other flavors besides vim, back in the day, but vim is the go-to
> nowadays. The port-ability of vi is one of its strengths. I recall
> building one for CP/M with BDS C back in the Paleolithic.

The fact that when I press an arrow key on a strange system I don't
know whether it will move the insertion cursor by one place or will
escape from that mode and treat the rest of the sequence of characters
as a mysterious incantation has always made me consider vi-alikes not
portable enough.

Phil
-- Dennis Ritchie (1941-2011), Unix Co-Creator

Nick Keighley

On Oct 26, 10:28*am, Elisa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Oct 26, 3:55*am, (E-Mail Removed) (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

> > Good C language development tools?

> > I use vi, cc, and make. *Anything else just gets in the way.

> > Free yourself! *Embrace the command line.

move mountains with tweezers. Why not go the whole hog and use ed?