Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Re: What printer would you recommend, please?

Re: What printer would you recommend, please?

Jake Wood

On Oct 14, 7:35*am, "Peter Able" <stuck@home> wrote:
> My HP850C colour inkjet is coming to the end of its long life. *As it can be
> refilled with bulk ink, the print cost has been less than half a penny per
> page.

Here's an article that might help you: http://www.inkfarm.com/Best-Printers...ving-Ink--2011

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter
Able <stuck@home.?> scribeth thus

>"Jake Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>On Oct 14, 7:35 am, "Peter Able" <stuck@home> wrote:
>> My HP850C colour inkjet is coming to the end of its long life. As it can
>> be
>> refilled with bulk ink, the print cost has been less than half a penny per
>> page.

>Here's an article that might help you:
>http://www.inkfarm.com/Best-Printers...ving-Ink--2011
>
>Many Thanks. From your, and other, evidence, one of the HP Officejet Pro
>8000 looks like the best choice. Mind, I've managed to find and clear two
>faults in the 850C and it is fine. For now, anyway!

We've actually got a Officejet 8600 and as long as you feed it good
quality paper so it doesn't try to "swallow" 50 sheets at once, it is
well behaved and rarely seems to require replacement carts unlike the
Canon;!...
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, Peter
Able <stuck@home.?> scribeth thus

>"tony sayer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Peter
>> Able <stuck@home.?> scribeth thus
>>>
>>>"Jake Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>>Here's an article that might help you:
>>>http://www.inkfarm.com/Best-Printers...ving-Ink--2011
>>>
>>>Many Thanks. From your, and other, evidence, one of the HP Officejet Pro
>>>8000 looks like the best choice. Mind, I've managed to find and clear two
>>>faults in the 850C and it is fine. For now, anyway!
>>>

>> We've actually got a Officejet 8600 and as long as you feed it good
>> quality paper so it doesn't try to "swallow" 50 sheets at once, it is
>> well behaved and rarely seems to require replacement carts unlike the
>> Canon;!...
>> --
>> Tony Sayer
>>

>I'll check out the 8600. In the mean time, the 850C has gone through the
>best part of a ream without any problems. Couldn't agree more about paper
>quality. Buying in bulk gets the price difference down - and a high quality
>paper can be printed in draft mode with far better results, saving ink.
>
>PA

FWIW and I can't be arsed to look it up;!, I think that 8600 is the A3
variant in that range.

Starting the agree re the paper issue. Does seem much better with the
better paper.
--
Tony Sayer