Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Cheap Reliable VOIP?

Cheap Reliable VOIP?

Dave Saville

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 21:15:13 UTC, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Looks like localphone.com might be another scam ! - watch out !!

> > Hi,
> >

> > Any particular thoughts or concerns?
> >

> > Best wishes,
> >

> > News Reader
> >

> Just google localphone+scam and look their facebook page.......

There is a difference between "localphone" and "local phone" Been
using them for a couple of years now. Customer service does come back
to you - eventually - and they do try and fix problems. Shame about no
phone number though.
--
Regards
Dave Saville

Dave

"Dave Saville" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > Any particular thoughts or concerns?
>> >

>> > Best wishes,
>> >

>> > News Reader
>> >

>> Just google localphone+scam and look their facebook page.......

> There is a difference between "localphone" and "local phone" Been
> using them for a couple of years now. Customer service does come back
> to you - eventually - and they do try and fix problems. Shame about no
> phone number though.
> --
> Regards
> Dave Saville

I noticed to different name but thought is was the same company. I guess I
always think SCAM.
Anyway some of the Facebook posts don't look that good. It's dead easy to
setup a 'company' to selling/providing SIP etc

Their office address is shared with some at least 5 other companies as
well - could be just a mail drop address ??

Cardwell It Ltd - Website Design And Development
4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

Mundy Coutts-Wood - Solicitors
4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

Localphone Ltd - Telecommunication Networks
4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

Voxbeam Ltd
4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF

Pricelover Ltd

"jonphred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.v3jmp6xja3wce4@dim5150...
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:34:51 +0100, Dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>> Their office address is shared with some at least 5 other companies as
>> well - could be just a mail drop address ??
>>
>> Cardwell It Ltd - Website Design And Development
>> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
>>
>> Mundy Coutts-Wood - Solicitors
>> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
>>
>> Localphone Ltd - Telecommunication Networks
>> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
>>
>> Voxbeam Ltd
>> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
>>
>> Pricelover Ltd
>> 4, Paradise Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 2DF
>>

> It's very common for the Registered Office of a Ltd Co to be the office of
> the company's solicitor or accountant (who probably set-up/bought-in the
> company in the first place). Their "official" correspondence gets sent
> there for Company Secretarial purposes - and summonses can be served
> there. The Head Office could be elsewhere (and they may only feel the need
> to disclose that to suppliers and active customers) but the business of
> some companies just doesn't involve much snail mail for normal,
> operational purposes.
>
> jonphred

I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it can
make it easier to cut and run....

Anthony R. Gold

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:55:26 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it can
> make it easier to cut and run....

I'd day the opposite - having a firm of solicitors as the registered address
assures that anyone wishing to serve papers on the company will always have
them received and signed for and that summonses will not be overlooked.

Dave

"Anthony R. Gold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:55:26 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it
>> can
>> make it easier to cut and run....

> I'd day the opposite - having a firm of solicitors as the registered
> address
> assures that anyone wishing to serve papers on the company will always
> have
> them received and signed for and that summonses will not be overlooked.

Yes easy to serve papers but where are the companies premises, assets,
servers etc IF they go bust. ?
For example it's to easy to set up web based company 'selling' virtual
webspace, SIP products, hosted services on servers located off shore with no
tangible assets other than a UK registered name with a UK solicitor. I don't
think it's the case with Localphone but something to bear in mind for the
future....

Anthony R. Gold

On Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:37:52 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Anthony R. Gold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:55:26 +0100, "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I Also thought about this, as one of the addresses is a Solicitors, it
>>> can
>>> make it easier to cut and run....

>> I'd day the opposite - having a firm of solicitors as the registered
>> address
>> assures that anyone wishing to serve papers on the company will always
>> have
>> them received and signed for and that summonses will not be overlooked.

> Yes easy to serve papers but where are the companies premises, assets,
> servers etc IF they go bust. ?

Why would it matter to a creditor where the assets were so long as he can
lodge a claim such that it will be treated by the receiver or liquidator.

> For example it's to easy to set up web based company 'selling' virtual
> webspace, SIP products, hosted services on servers located off shore with no
> tangible assets other than a UK registered name with a UK solicitor. I don't
> think it's the case with Localphone but something to bear in mind for the
> future....

If a company does go bust then any unsecured creditors will almost always get
nothing at all, regardless of whether the company has a known address for
premises that are within the UK.

Henry Fartknocker III

Hi.....I use www.XeloQ.com for years.....pretty good and reasonable prices.
In business since 2002 and reliable as fas as I know.

cheers

"Just another Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j6h75u$bv4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I currently have a sipgate account, but no credit on it. I am looking at
> moving to another VOIP provider, but it seems a minefield of providers out
> there and which one do I choose? Or would I just be better staying with
> sipgate and sticking some more credit on? I only make local calls and
> would
> like a 01 local number for local people to call me. I already have this
> with sipgate, but it there better? I currently use a sipura ATA so could
> add a provider for just outgoing calls and keep sipate for incoming.
>
> Any suggestions would be brill. Thanks

fonex fonex is offline
Junior Member

We are based in Collins Street Melbourne, in the heart of the business district. We are a small team of highly proficient professionals, with a passion for VoIP Technology.
Our equipment is the very best in the industry, and it is obvious with the sound quality, features, and the pricing for what we offer..

VoIP for small business, but Companies all over Australia are adopting it into their business and here is why:

- Save up to 60% on call costs.
- Forward your calls easily, even overseas.
- Calling another VoIP Phone is free, even if the phones are in different states, saving lots of money on internal calls.
- If your moving, you can take your phone number with you.
- Super cheap International Calls.
- Fax to Email (Faxes are emailed to you as a PDF Document)
- Voicemail to Email (Voicemail is emailed to you as a Sound File)
- Have a local phone line in each state (Remove your 1300 number for good)

We ask you spend a few minutes looking at our website fonex.com.au familiarizing yourselves with VoIP and what we offer

Last edited by fonex; 01-30-2013 at 05:43 AM..