Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: A different tak on Photo-manipulation.

Re: A different tak on Photo-manipulation.

notbob

On 2011-10-12, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I cannot think of a man made musical instrument winch is not a machine.

Yer lips?

PeterN

On 10/12/2011 10:57 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2011-10-12, PeterN<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I cannot think of a man made musical instrument winch is not a machine.

> Yer lips?

Not man made

--
Peter

notbob

On 2011-10-12, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Yer lips?

> Not man made

I don't know what test tube you came out of, but my father was
definitely a man.

nb

Pete A

On 2011-10-12 13:27:57 +0100, PeterN said:

> On 10/11/2011 8:42 PM, Pete A wrote:
>> On 2011-10-12 00:45:20 +0100, PeterN said:
>>
>>> [...]
>>> There are those who claim that the music enhances the enjoyment of drugs.

>> A few years ago BBC Radio 1 broadcast evening programmes in the hope of
>> educating drug users on this very topic. I learnt things I didn't want
>> to know about why young people strive to work hard during the week - to
>> save enough to enjoy music and drugs on Friday and Saturday nights. The
>> broadcasts were educational, non-judgemental, and filled with good
>> advice for those who wished to persist with this pastime. Unfortunately
>> the broadcasts were stopped because the BBC soon realised that those who
>> needed to listen switched to another radio channel. The last thing a
>> drug user wants is to be educated in public.
>>
>> My "ecstasy pill" is music. It's legal and a lot cheaper, but I can
>> understand that it therefore categorises it for many as "not fun/boring."
>>

> Mine is Photoshop. Last night I said I was going to sleep about 9. At
> 11:30 I was so engrossed that I had no concept of what was happening
> around me. And yes the radio was on and I was zoned.

I've been thinking about your reply... Capture NX2 has the same effect
on me. Many hours have flown by while I'm engrossed in, say, colour
manipulations via its multi-faceted LCH controls.

I have one image that's had me stumped for over a year: I've spent
dozens of hours producing 4 variations of it and I like each version
for different reasons yet I am unable figure out how to combine the
best elements of each into one image. I've thought about posting links
to the images and asking for assistance, but for some unknown reason
I'm determined to figure it out by myself, even if it takes a few
years. The image would never be sellable even if I "get it right"
because the composition isn't good enough. Each time I think of
deleting it and moving on, it taunts me into keeping it.

My only photographic passion has always been nigh shots, especially of
industry. 35 mm film plus a plethora of filters followed by printing by
experts never achieved quite what I was looking for. Digital _is_
capable of giving me the results I want so I must learn how to do it by
myself because I can't explain to anyone else the concepts in my head
until I have an example image. Catch-22.

I'm not a great believer in "goal setting" despite the fact it's used
as a motivation technique in workplaces and has become lucrative for
many self-acclaimed "Life Coaches." I prefer a barely achievable/rarely
achieved ambition as a source of motivation now that I'm retired -
enticing rather than a "must do."