Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Trend Micro Titanium Maximun Security 2012

Trend Micro Titanium Maximun Security 2012

Geopelia

I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying I am
entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.

When I click on it, I get this

"As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to this
latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap forward" etc

I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago, and
paid for it.

Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have already
got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet Security Pro.

Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.

I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've never
found their Help pages of any use, too technical.

I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.

What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?

Thank you

Geopelia

Stephen Worthington

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 23:40:57 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying I am
>entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
>
>When I click on it, I get this
>
>"As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
>PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to this
>latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap forward" etc
>
>I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago, and
>paid for it.
>
>Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have already
>got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet Security Pro.
>
>Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
>March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.
>
>I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've never
>found their Help pages of any use, too technical.
>
>I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.
>
>What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?
>
>Thank you
>
>Geopelia

I do not have Trend Micro, but my Norton 360 seems to work the same
way. The 2012 version comes out in 2011, and if you have a current
subscription, you are entitled to upgrade to the new version. Before
deciding to upgrade or not, it pays to check reviews of the new
version to see if there are any problems, or whether a change to a
competing product at the end of your subscription is a better idea. I
would also not be in any great hurry to upgrade until the new version
is at least a few weeks old, to see if any problems show up.

Your Name

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stephen
Worthington <(E-Mail Removed)34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:

> I do not have Trend Micro, but my Norton 360 seems to work the same
> way. The 2012 version comes out in 2011,

<snip>

Lots of things seem to work that way - 2012 cars for example are release
in 2011, Office 2012 is released in 2011, July magazines are sold in June,
etc.

Most likely this "future dating" nonsense probably started partly due to
some marketing person who though it would be a good way to con people into
thinking their product was newer than those using common sense naming with
the correct date, and then everyeon else copied them. (Magazine publishers
will often try to tell you that they future date the magazines since the
stuff you're reading about will be shipping the next month, but that's
usually just a load of garbage, especially since these days most of what
they print / review / etc. has already appeared on the Internet.)

Frank Williams

wrote:

>I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying I am
>entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
>
>When I click on it, I get this
>
>"As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
>PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to this
>latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap forward" etc
>
>I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago, and
>paid for it.
>
>Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have already
>got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet Security Pro.
>
>Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
>March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.
>
>I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've never
>found their Help pages of any use, too technical.
>
>I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.
>
>What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?
>
>Thank you
>
>Geopelia

You just dont need it and its not rated very well , get some Free stuff.

Frank Williams

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:03:56 +1300, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name)
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Stephen
>Worthington <(E-Mail Removed)34.nz56.remove_numbers> wrote:
>>
>> I do not have Trend Micro, but my Norton 360 seems to work the same
>> way. The 2012 version comes out in 2011,

><snip>
>
>Lots of things seem to work that way - 2012 cars for example are release
>in 2011, Office 2012 is released in 2011, July magazines are sold in June,
>etc.
>
>Most likely this "future dating" nonsense probably started partly due to
>some marketing person who though it would be a good way to con people into
>thinking their product was newer than those using common sense naming with
>the correct date, and then everyeon else copied them. (Magazine publishers
>will often try to tell you that they future date the magazines since the
>stuff you're reading about will be shipping the next month, but that's
>usually just a load of garbage, especially since these days most of what
>they print / review / etc. has already appeared on the Internet.)

Kaspersky is the one that ever one else does a bench mark to it, a lot
of Virus checkers slow down your computer, that is why Norton's brought
out a Gaming version..

Frank Williams

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:33:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:j6ui40$aem$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying I
>>am entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
>>
>> When I click on it, I get this
>>
>> "As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
>> PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to
>> this latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap
>> forward" etc
>>
>> I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago, and
>> paid for it.
>>
>> Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have
>> already got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet Security
>> Pro.
>>
>> Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
>> March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.
>>
>> I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've
>> never found their Help pages of any use, too technical.
>>
>> I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.
>>
>> What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Geopelia
>>

>Thanks to all. I think I'll wait until my subscription runs out and see
>what is on offer then.
>
>Unless somebody has the same version I have and knows about this offer, I
>can't be certain of what is happening.
>
>I've had Trend Micro since I bought the computer, it was called PC-cillin
>then, and I just upgrade every year or so.

It has a very poor rating Dump it..

Geopelia

"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:33:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>"Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:j6ui40$aem$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying I
>>>am entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
>>>
>>> When I click on it, I get this
>>>
>>> "As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
>>> PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to
>>> this latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap
>>> forward" etc
>>>
>>> I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago,
>>> and
>>> paid for it.
>>>
>>> Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have
>>> already got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet Security
>>> Pro.
>>>
>>> Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
>>> March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.
>>>
>>> I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've
>>> never found their Help pages of any use, too technical.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.
>>>
>>> What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Geopelia
>>>

>>Thanks to all. I think I'll wait until my subscription runs out and see
>>what is on offer then.
>>
>>Unless somebody has the same version I have and knows about this offer, I
>>can't be certain of what is happening.
>>
>>I've had Trend Micro since I bought the computer, it was called PC-cillin
>>then, and I just upgrade every year or so.
>>

> It has a very poor rating Dump it..

I find it works all right for the stuff I do.

turk

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:33:06 +1300, Geopelia wrote:

> "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:j6ui40$aem$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying
>>I am entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
>>
>> When I click on it, I get this
>>
>> "As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
>> PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to
>> this latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap
>> forward" etc
>>
>> I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago,
>> and paid for it.
>>
>> Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have
>> already got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet
>> Security Pro.
>>
>> Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
>> March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.
>>
>> I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've
>> never found their Help pages of any use, too technical.
>>
>> I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.
>>
>> What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Geopelia
>>

> Thanks to all. I think I'll wait until my subscription runs out and see
> what is on offer then.
>
> Unless somebody has the same version I have and knows about this offer,
> I can't be certain of what is happening.
>
> I've had Trend Micro since I bought the computer, it was called
> PC-cillin then, and I just upgrade every year or so.

Isn't this the one that a PC magazine said of "There are 3 things about
PC-Cillin, 1. it doesn't work 2 It doesn't work 3. It doesn't work

Frank Williams

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 13:55:49 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Frank Williams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:33:06 +1300, "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:j6ui40$aem$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>>Thanks to all. I think I'll wait until my subscription runs out and see
>>>what is on offer then.
>>>
>>>Unless somebody has the same version I have and knows about this offer, I
>>>can't be certain of what is happening.
>>>
>>>I've had Trend Micro since I bought the computer, it was called PC-cillin
>>>then, and I just upgrade every year or so.
>>>

>> It has a very poor rating Dump it..

>I find it works all right for the stuff I do.

IT DOES NOT WORK READ SOME REVIEWS.

Geopelia

"turk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j78fnh$1e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 23:33:06 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
>
>> "Geopelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:j6ui40$aem$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have Titanium Maximum Security 2011. I get a notice popping up saying
>>>I am entitled to a free upgrade to Titanium Maximum Security 2012.
>>>
>>> When I click on it, I get this
>>>
>>> "As a Trend Micro customer with a current subscription to Trend Micro
>>> PC-cillin Internet Security Pro, you are entitled to a free upgrade to
>>> this latest version. Titanium Maximum Security 2012 is a huge leap
>>> forward" etc
>>>
>>> I changed from Internet Security Pro to Titanium 2011 a long time ago,
>>> and paid for it.
>>>
>>> Is this free upgrade they are offering me the Titanium which I have
>>> already got? It took ages to make the change over from Internet
>>> Security Pro.
>>>
>>> Or is it an upgrade from Titanium 2011 to 2012? My subscription ends in
>>> March 2012. The 2012, if I install it, will also end then.
>>>
>>> I've tried their Help page but my question doesn't post to them. I've
>>> never found their Help pages of any use, too technical.
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of leaving doing anything until my subscription ends.
>>>
>>> What do people here think? Does anyone have Trend Micro?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Geopelia
>>>

>> Thanks to all. I think I'll wait until my subscription runs out and see
>> what is on offer then.
>>
>> Unless somebody has the same version I have and knows about this offer,
>> I can't be certain of what is happening.
>>
>> I've had Trend Micro since I bought the computer, it was called
>> PC-cillin then, and I just upgrade every year or so.

> Isn't this the one that a PC magazine said of "There are 3 things about
> PC-Cillin, 1. it doesn't work 2 It doesn't work 3. It doesn't work

Is there any way to test whether it is working or not without getting too
technical?
It seems to be working all right. It stops people getting my credit card and
cookies etc.