Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: EULA how enforcible in NZ OT?

Re: EULA how enforcible in NZ OT?

Richard

On 10/4/2011 3:49 PM, Robert Cooze wrote:
> Kind of off topic and kind of on topic
>
> The EULA from sony on there playstation 3 and BlueRay players. In the
> later case of the player, It had a EULA with a agree decline button. but
> trying to read the EULA written in total legalease it is very hard to
> work out if I want to decline or accept and what my actual risks are.
>
> There where some funny bits about not suitable for fail-safe uses as in
> weapons control and life support and saying death may result.
>
> Any way have written to sony and there has been no response, I might
> talk to the retailer about my problem.
>
> It would not have been to bad If I could get a copy of the net or print
> a hard copy. but thems the breaks. there was a total refund clause if I
> rejected the EULA if I red it right but cant find it now....

Wait? A blu-ray player has a EULA on it? WTF?!

Frank Williams

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011 21:15:00 +1300, Robert Cooze
<c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:

>On 04/10/11 20:56, Richard wrote:
>> On 10/4/2011 3:49 PM, Robert Cooze wrote:
>>> Kind of off topic and kind of on topic
>>>
>>> The EULA from sony on there playstation 3 and BlueRay players. In the
>>> later case of the player, It had a EULA with a agree decline button. but
>>> trying to read the EULA written in total legalease it is very hard to
>>> work out if I want to decline or accept and what my actual risks are.
>>>
>>> There where some funny bits about not suitable for fail-safe uses as in
>>> weapons control and life support and saying death may result.
>>>
>>> Any way have written to sony and there has been no response, I might
>>> talk to the retailer about my problem.
>>>
>>> It would not have been to bad If I could get a copy of the net or print
>>> a hard copy. but thems the breaks. there was a total refund clause if I
>>> rejected the EULA if I red it right but cant find it now....

>> Wait? A blu-ray player has a EULA on it? WTF?!
>>

>Yep it does and after 4 hours of trying to make sense of it. The feel
>good purchase has become a big load of heart ache. It is so complex and
>you need to think like a lawyer to understand it.

From what I have Read they are putting out new EULA's so you cant take
a class action suit against them..

Bruce Sinclair

In article <4e8ac0b6$(E-Mail Removed)>, Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
>On 04/10/11 20:56, Richard wrote:

(snip)

>> Wait? A blu-ray player has a EULA on it? WTF?!
>>

>Yep it does and after 4 hours of trying to make sense of it. The feel
>good purchase has become a big load of heart ache. It is so complex and
>you need to think like a lawyer to understand it.

Taking it back and getting one without a licence agreement sounds like the
thing to do here. Otherwise we'll just be encouraging them.

Re: EULA how enforcible in NZ OT? Stephen Worthington NZ Computing 0 10-04-2011 02:45 PM
Re: EULA how enforcible in NZ OT? Donchano NZ Computing 0 10-04-2011 04:12 AM
EULA script error Bob Computer Support 2 08-25-2003 10:55 AM
W2K SP4 EULA -Opinions? Max Quordlepleen Computer Support 7 06-27-2003 10:47 AM

Advertisments