Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Good search engine?

Good search engine?

Peter Huebner

says...

> How boring and stupid has this news group become, I wonder that the
> world thinks of NZ these days, a lot of Idiots..?

people in glasshouses should not run around in the alltogether.

-P.

Your Name

Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >In article <j6aqnk$hjo$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >(E-Mail Removed) nz says...
> >>
> >> For me, typing www.google.co goes to www.google.co.nz. Is yours doing that
> >> too without you noticing ?
> >> Personally, I use the advanced search by default
> >> (http://www.google.co.nz/advanced_search?hl=en) ... I miss the ability to
> >> select nz if I wanted. Used to be an option under the search bar, and now
> >> isn't.

> >AND they have removed the 'advanced search' button from the normal page.

> It's still there as a link for me (on the right of the search box) at
> google.co.nz.
>
> I can no longer get to .com, so can't comment (grrr !).

There's a link on the end of the bottom line of links to "Go to Google.com".

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <j6df65$k6o$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz says...
>>
>> It's still there as a link for me (on the right of the search box) at
>> google.co.nz.

>Funny, innit? I do not get that link. I get a blank white page with one textbox
>in the centre. Underneath 'I'm feeling lucky' and 'google search' as buttons
>and Google in Maori as a link, no sidebars or anything.
>So I googled the advanced search (heh) and found it here
>http://www.google.co.nz/advanced_search
>and that one DOES have a domain/source input box still at the bottom, at least
>how I see it.
>f.w.i.w. -Peter

Funny indeed ... but not really the laughing kind

Bruce Sinclair

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name) wrote:
>In article <j6df65$k6o$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) nz (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> , Peter

>Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >In article <j6aqnk$hjo$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> >(E-Mail Removed) nz says...

>> >AND they have removed the 'advanced search' button from the normal page.

>> It's still there as a link for me (on the right of the search box) at
>> google.co.nz.
>>
>> I can no longer get to .com, so can't comment (grrr !).

>There's a link on the end of the bottom line of links to "Go to Google.com".

... and so there is ! On the .co.nz home page where I no longer go. Thanks
and I shall bookmark that forthwith. Like Peter said ... funny aint it.