Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Mogwai ERDesignerNG 3.0.0-M5 available

Mogwai ERDesignerNG 3.0.0-M5 available

Mirko Sertic

Hi@all

Version 3.0.0-M5 of ERDesignerNG is available for download.

ERDesignerNG is a free Java based entity relationship design and
database modeling tool. It's key features are

* is based on Java and can be run on Windows and Unix systems
* has a powerful WYSIWYG editor for physical database design
* supports 2D and 3D database modeling, browsing and design
* generates 3D anaglyphic images from your database structure
* handles tables, relations, indexes and comments
* supports a central repository for all models ( Model Repository )
* supports subject areas
* supports domains
* supports MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQLServer, PostgreSQL and H2
* creates the SQL DDL statements for schema creation
* has an integrated schema version control system
* can generate schema migration scripts for every change
* stores the database definition as XML files for further processing
* can export the database schema as GIF, BMP, JPEG or SVG files
* has an integrated reverse engineering module for existing schemas
* has a build in schema compare feature
* can generate schema documentation as PDF, HTML, RTF and other
formats
* supports schema conversion between different dialects
* it is based on GPL license
* support is available by authors and newsgroups

Release 3.0.0-M5 offers a brand new 3D database browsing editor. The
database structure and dependencies are visualized as a 3D model that
can be browsed in an interactive manner. Feel free to visit the
project website at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mogwai/

Regards
Mirko Sertic
Project Admin

Hans Castorp

Can it work without a DB connection by now?

The last time I checked, datatypes could only be used to define tables when an active DB connection was available. This kind of defeats the purposes of an ERD modelling tool in my opinion (especially if it's supposed to work cross-dbms)

Mirko Sertic wrote on 10.10.2011 18:45:
> Hi@all
>
> Version 3.0.0-M5 of ERDesignerNG is available for download.
>
> ERDesignerNG is a free Java based entity relationship design and
> database modeling tool. It's key features are
>
> * is based on Java and can be run on Windows and Unix systems
> * has a powerful WYSIWYG editor for physical database design
> * supports 2D and 3D database modeling, browsing and design
> * generates 3D anaglyphic images from your database structure
> * handles tables, relations, indexes and comments
> * supports a central repository for all models ( Model Repository )
> * supports subject areas
> * supports domains
> * supports MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQLServer, PostgreSQL and H2
> * creates the SQL DDL statements for schema creation
> * has an integrated schema version control system
> * can generate schema migration scripts for every change
> * stores the database definition as XML files for further processing
> * can export the database schema as GIF, BMP, JPEG or SVG files
> * has an integrated reverse engineering module for existing schemas
> * has a build in schema compare feature
> * can generate schema documentation as PDF, HTML, RTF and other
> formats
> * supports schema conversion between different dialects
> * it is based on GPL license
> * support is available by authors and newsgroups
>
> Release 3.0.0-M5 offers a brand new 3D database browsing editor. The
> database structure and dependencies are visualized as a 3D model that
> can be browsed in an interactive manner. Feel free to visit the
> project website at
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mogwai/
>
> Regards
> Mirko Sertic
> Project Admin

Lew

On Monday, October 10, 2011 9:45:12 AM UTC-7, Mirko Sertic wrote:
> Hi@all
>
> Version 3.0.0-M5 of ERDesignerNG is available for download.
>
> ERDesignerNG is a free Java based entity relationship design and
> database modeling tool. It's key features are

"Its" should not have an apostrophe here.

--
Lew

Jerry Stuckle

On 10/14/2011 8:41 AM, Mau C wrote:
> Il 10/10/2011 20:09, Hans Castorp ha scritto:
>> Can it work without a DB connection by now?
>>
>> The last time I checked, datatypes could only be used to define tables
>> when an active DB connection was available. This kind of defeats the
>> purposes of an ERD modelling tool in my opinion (especially if it's
>> supposed to work cross-dbms)

> I'm just trying right now. It does not...
>
> I've also found some weird behavior on creating new relationships which
> makes me unable to handle multiple foreign keys.
>
> Under Linux (Ubuntu) the java setup creates dumb menu entries with
> multiple not-working links.
>
> It still does not fill my requirements but I really hope it will
> very soon.
>
> M.

What do you expect from a spammer? Good products do not need to be
spammed on usenet.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Volker Borchert

In comp.lang.java.databases, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> What do you expect from a spammer? Good products do not need to be
> spammed on usenet.

Except on *.announce or *.advocacy, that is.

But there is neither comp.lang.java.announce nor comp.databases.announce,
at least not from individual.de.

--

"I'm a doctor, not a mechanic." Dr Leonard McCoy <(E-Mail Removed)>
"I'm a mechanic, not a doctor." Volker Borchert <(E-Mail Removed)>

Jerry Stuckle

On 10/15/2011 1:17 AM, Volker Borchert wrote:
> In comp.lang.java.databases, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>> What do you expect from a spammer? Good products do not need to be
>> spammed on usenet.

> Except on *.announce or *.advocacy, that is.
>
> But there is neither comp.lang.java.announce nor comp.databases.announce,
> at least not from individual.de.

So? That doesn't mean it's on topic in any of the newsgroups it was
posted to.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle