Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Beginning Borland

Beginning Borland

Joe Snodgrass

What's a good book for learning GUI programming in Borland C++? TIA.

red floyd

On 10/9/2011 10:38 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:

> What's a good book for learning GUI programming in Borland C++? TIA.

Did you have a question about the C++ language?

it would be far better if you asked this question on embarcadero forums in
appropriate group.

Joe Snodgrass

On Oct 9, 4:07*pm, "A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> it would be far better if you asked this question on embarcadero forums in
> appropriate group.

Why are embarcadero groups particularly good for this sort of question?

red floyd

On 10/12/2011 6:22 AM, Joe Snodgrass wrote:
> On Oct 9, 4:07 pm, "A"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> it would be far better if you asked this question on embarcadero forums in
>> appropriate group.

> Why are embarcadero groups particularly good for this sort of question?

Because Embarcadero owns Borland C++. And your question had nothing to
do with the C++ language newsgroup.

Please see the FAQ (http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite), section 5
in particular.

Asger Joergensen

Hi Joe

Joe Snodgrass wrote:

> What's a good book for learning GUI programming in Borland C++? TIA.

I dont think there have been written any in the last years
but the book I used seem to be free now "C++ Builder how to":

http://www.colosseumbuilders.com/books/bcbhowto.htm

And how to use the VCL have not changed, there have of course been
added a lot of functionality, but the way to use it is the same.

We also have a very good community that can help You with any
C++ or Builder related question:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/index.jspa

You will have to register at:

https://members.embarcadero.com/newu...m%2findex.jspa

In order to post questions in these groups.

The most appropriate group for questions on how to use the VCL is:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum...mID=54&start=0

or if You use a news reader:

embarcadero.public.cppbuilder.vcl.components.using

at news server:

forums.embarcadero.com

Best regards
Asger-P