Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > zipped folder

zipped folder

Tim Streater

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
fulio pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Oct 3, 9:43*am, "Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> > > If by the above URL you mean that you clicked the "Download the Scripts"
> > > from the menu, then the file:

> > > JavaScript8eScripts.zip [1.31 MB]

> > > has the book in HTML format in 17 folders chap01-chap17. If this is not
> > > what you got then I might suggest that your download was corrupted.

> > UPDATE:
> >
> > If you where expecting the "complete book" you will be disappointed. The
> > files looks like they are just the example scripts from the book. IF you
> > wanted the book you were supposed to click the link
> >
> > http://www.amazon.com/dp/ASIN/032177...alcedonyconsul
> >
> > and pony-up the $22.
> >
> > --
> > Take care,
> >
> > Jonathan
> > -------------------
> > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

> I want to thank all for your responses and help. A solution is
> found.. XP has an Extraction Wizard. It turns zipped folders to
> normal ones. Thanks again.

Can't you just double-click on the folder and it unzips?

--
Tim

Tim Streater

In article <j6b9a9$gs6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Doug Miller wrote:
>
> > BtS, the answers to your questions don't matter: 1) The entire thread is
> > waaay off-topic here 2) The OP has a history in this group of ignoring
> > useful responses to his many basic questions

> Yes, I've noticed that. I even wrote a complete sample page recently for
> him showing how to 'not use frames'. No response to that one.

'How not to use frames' is exactly zero bytes long, since the chance of
frames being unsupported in the future is exactly zero.

--
Tim

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Tim Streater wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> Doug Miller wrote:
>> > BtS, the answers to your questions don't matter: 1) The entire thread
>> > is waaay off-topic here 2) The OP has a history in this group of
>> > ignoring useful responses to his many basic questions

>> Yes, I've noticed that. I even wrote a complete sample page recently
>> for him showing how to 'not use frames'. No response to that one.

> 'How not to use frames' is exactly zero bytes long, since the chance of
> frames being unsupported in the future is exactly zero.

You know that; I know that. But fulio asked how to do it, so I showed him.

--
-bts

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tim Streater <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> fulio pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > I want to thank all for your responses and help. A solution is
> > found.. XP has an Extraction Wizard. It turns zipped folders to
> > normal ones. Thanks again.

> Can't you just double-click on the folder and it unzips?

That's a Mac thing. In Windows, on some machines, I know for an
absolute fact, you have to boil four mouse tails and seven fresh
chicken livers, then find the highest spot in the area and throw
the soup downhill...

--
dorayme

Kristjan Robam

"fulio pen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded a folder to my hard drive. It is a zipped folder. I guess
> I have to do something (unzip?) on it, because its behavior is not
> normal. For instance, it cannot be opened on NotePad, for me to see
> the code in plain text. Many files don't open, either. What do I need
> to do? Thanks for teaching.
>
> fulio pen

First you have to ask or buy the password of this zip file.

Kristjan