Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > zipped folder

zipped folder

fulio pen

On Oct 3, 9:43*am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> fulio pen wrote:
> > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
> >> Yes, I've noticed that. I even wrote a complete sample page recently
> >> for him showing how to 'not use frames'. No response to that one.

> > I believe someone else already offered a solution before you did. I got
> > that one, and did not read the thread further. Thank you anyway.

> That's not true. The only other response was from Jukka, who only gave
> you answers about deprecation with HTML5.

After reading that message of yours, I immediately published my
appreciation as follows:

quote
On Sep 30, 12:19 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

Thanks to all of you for your help. I've copied and saved the code
and will study it carefully, and will come back when having more
questions. Thanks again.
fulio pen

unquote

This message responded to yours, and was immediately after it. Above
your message, there were other answers. So I said 'thanks to all.'
Did I need to respond to them one by one? Thanks for your help
anyway.

fulio pen

> This thread:

> Subject: target and frame on html5
>
> --
> * *-bts
> * *-This space for rent, but the price is high

fulio pen

On Oct 3, 11:54*am, Doug Miller <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 10/3/2011 8:30 AM, fulio pen wrote:
>

> > On Oct 2, 10:36 pm, Doug Miller<(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> BtS, the answers to your questions don't matter:
> >> 1) The entire thread is waaay off-topic here
> >> 2) The OP has a history in this group of ignoring useful responses to
> >> his many basic questions

> > I don't see the question is off-topic.

> Nothing in it relates in any way to HTML. It is therefore off-topic in
> an HTML group.
>
> > If anyone feels that way and is
> > unhappy, just ignore the questions. I ask questions to offend nobody.

> The problem is that *you* ignore the *answers*. So why should anybody
> bother providing answers?

I may not have responded to all messages in time. But please point
out one answer that I ignored, as your evidence.

> > I believe there are *people who like to help others.

> And I believe there are people who don't want to be helped, but instead
> want all the answers to be simply given to them, with no effort needed
> on their part. You appear to be one of them.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

fulio pen wrote:

> On Oct 3, 9:43*am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> fulio pen wrote:

>> > I believe someone else already offered a solution before you did. I
>> > got that one, and did not read the thread further. Thank you anyway.

>> That's not true. The only other response was from Jukka, who only gave
>> you answers about deprecation with HTML5.

> After reading that message of yours, I immediately published my
> appreciation as follows:
>
> quote
> On Sep 30, 12:19 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

> Thanks to all of you for your help. I've copied and saved the code and
> will study it carefully, and will come back when having more questions.
> Thanks again.
> fulio pen
>
> unquote

I said your post was untrue: "I believe someone else already offered a
solution before you did. I got that one, and did not read the thread
further. Thank you anyway." is untrue.

> This message responded to yours, and was immediately after it. Above
> your message, there were other answers. So I said 'thanks to all.' Did I
> need to respond to them one by one? Thanks for your help anyway.

So, are you going to dump the use of frames? (That's what I've been
waiting for: your opinion on killing the frames.)

--
-bts

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)

fulio pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I said 'thanks to all.'
> Did I need to respond to them one by one? Thanks for your help
> anyway.

Yes, here you need to not only thank each and every person but to
follow up with gifts, like a couple of pigs or a cow or four fat
young chickens or a goat or a combination of these.

--
dorayme

Gus Richter

On 10/3/2011 4:50 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> So, are you going to dump the use of frames? (That's what I've been
> waiting for: your opinion on killing the frames.)

Don't hold your breath. I gave a solution to his "sound file again"
problem and no response, plus the page still has the same problem. No
more responses to him from me.

--
Gus

fulio pen

On Oct 3, 4:50*pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> fulio pen wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 9:43*am, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> That's not true. The only other response was from Jukka, who only gave
> >> you answers about deprecation with HTML5.

> > After reading that message of yours, I immediately published my
> > appreciation as follows:

> > quote
> > On Sep 30, 12:19 pm, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"

> > Thanks to all of you for your help. *I've copied and saved the code and
> > will study it carefully, and will come back when having more questions.
> > Thanks again.
> > fulio pen

> > unquote

> I said your post was untrue: "I believe someone else already offered a
> solution before you did. I got that one, and did not read the thread
> further. Thank you anyway." is untrue.

You may not have read my posting after yours, and thought that I
ignored your help.

> > This message responded to yours, and was immediately after it. Above
> > your message, there were other answers. So I said 'thanks to all.' Did I
> > need to respond to them one by one? Thanks for your help anyway.

> So, are you going to dump the use of frames? *(That's what I've been
> waiting for: your opinion on killing the frames.)

Not sure at this moment. But no hurry. Frames will stay legal for a
long time.

fulio pen

> --
> * *-bts
> * *-This space for rent, but the price is high

Helpful person

On Oct 3, 2:14*pm, dorayme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article
> <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>
> *fulio pen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > *I said 'thanks to all.'
> > Did I need to respond to them one by one? Thanks for your help
> > anyway.

> Yes, here you need to not only thank each and every person but to
> follow up with gifts, like a couple of pigs or a cow or four fat
> young chickens or a goat or a combination of these.
>
> --
> dorayme

Personally, I'm partial to partridges in pear trees. Unfortunately my
advice is not usually worth much.

fulio pen

On Oct 3, 5:15*pm, Gus Richter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 10/3/2011 4:50 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>

> > So, are you going to dump the use of frames? *(That's what I've been
> > waiting for: your opinion on killing the frames.)

> Don't hold your breath. I gave a solution to his "sound file again"
> problem and no response, plus the page still has the same problem. No
> more responses to him from me.
>
> --
> Gus

I didn't respond to your message nor take your advice, did I? I was
wasting your time and my own time. It is possible that I sent my
inquiry to the group, but before reading your response, I sent another
message, complaining the posting of a bunch of message of adult
content, and suggesting to turn this group into a moderated one. My
idea was not supported, so I had to stay away from this group for some
time. Upon coming back, the previous exchange of message between us
had long disappeared from the front page, and the whole matter was
totally forgotten. So I didn't reply your post nor improve my page.

Thanks for your help.

fulio pen

Gus Richter

On 10/4/2011 9:44 PM, fulio pen wrote:

> I didn't respond to your message nor take your advice, did I? I was
> wasting your time and my own time.

That is so.

> It is possible that I sent my
> inquiry to the group, but before reading your response, I sent another
> message, complaining the posting of a bunch of message of adult
> content, and suggesting to turn this group into a moderated one. My
> idea was not supported, so I had to stay away from this group for some
> time.

Your complain regarding spam in the newsgroup was/is not so. It is in
Google Groups - if you get Thunderbird you would not see the spam. I
recall that you were advised to get a decent News Reader such as
Thunderbird to see the newsgroups and *not* to use Google Groups.

> Upon coming back, the previous exchange of message between us
> had long disappeared from the front page, and the whole matter was
> totally forgotten. So I didn't reply your post nor improve my page.

Get Thunderbird since you are unable to use Google Groups properly. Here
is the whole thread which you couldn't/cannot access?

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/1e22a806b0d003b6/ebaed314d984e109?lnk=gst&q=sound+file+again#ebaed3 14d984e109>

--
Gus

Doug Miller

On 10/4/2011 9:44 PM, fulio pen wrote:
> On Oct 3, 5:15 pm, Gus Richter<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 10/3/2011 4:50 PM, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>

>>> So, are you going to dump the use of frames? (That's what I've been
>>> waiting for: your opinion on killing the frames.)

>> Don't hold your breath. I gave a solution to his "sound file again"
>> problem and no response, plus the page still has the same problem. No
>> more responses to him from me.
>>
>> --
>> Gus

> I didn't respond to your message nor take your advice, did I? I was
> wasting your time and my own time. It is possible that I sent my
> inquiry to the group, but before reading your response, I sent another
> message, complaining the posting of a bunch of message of adult
> content, and suggesting to turn this group into a moderated one. My
> idea was not supported, so I had to stay away from this group for some
> time.

Not true. The reason you "had to stay away from this group" is that you
were unwilling to take the very good advice you were offered by a number
of people, namely, use a real newsreader instead of Google's web
interface, and learn to use filters and killfiles.

Yet one more example of you ignoring good advice... which is why more
than one of us have no interest in offering you any more help: you don't
listen to the advice you're given, so why should we waste the effort?