Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > It's too bad sub-FF lenses are treated like second-class lenses by mfgs

It's too bad sub-FF lenses are treated like second-class lenses by mfgs

RichA

Because ultimately, they have the potential to exceed FF when it comes
to resolution. FF lenses would be just too expensive to maximize
their potential. In sub-FF, probably the lenses that have come
closest, or have exceeded top-not FF are the Olympus SHG units,
especially when it comes to edge definition. So now we have 24
megapixel APS sensors and 18 megapixel M4/3rds sensors, we could
eventually see really good quality glass made just for them. In the
meantime, you can adapt Olympus SHG's to M4/3rds.

PeterN

On 9/23/2011 6:18 PM, RichA wrote:
> Because ultimately, they have the potential to exceed FF when it comes
> to resolution. FF lenses would be just too expensive to maximize
> their potential. In sub-FF, probably the lenses that have come
> closest, or have exceeded top-not FF are the Olympus SHG units,
> especially when it comes to edge definition. So now we have 24
> megapixel APS sensors and 18 megapixel M4/3rds sensors, we could
> eventually see really good quality glass made just for them. In the
> meantime, you can adapt Olympus SHG's to M4/3rds.

You haven't even answered my immediately prior question, about YOUR
qualifications, and you go off pontificating again.

--
Peter