Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New harddisks don't boot when old harddisks are disconnected.

New harddisks don't boot when old harddisks are disconnected.

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:00:37 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I assembled my PentiumIII 450 mhz and brought it to it's grave(?)final
>resting place(?).

Windows 7 is not meant for a P III box, you ****ing idiot!

Skybuck Flying

27. Dialogs pop-up while typing leading to dangerous situations.

28. Disc burning tool does not store verification/burn results in log file,
now I don't know what happened.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

29. Windows 7 disc burning tool is unable to verify DVD after the program
has been closed ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Found this tool:

ISO Recorder... apperently it adds itselfs to the shell, and then context
popup menu can be used.

I am now making iso again from DVD so I can verify if the ISO's are the
same.

Now I quickly stop typing in case that tool displays a stupid pop-up too !

(The tool had some lag/freeze issues at first but seems to be working now)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Indeed there seems to be a problem with the dvd:

recording has failed... blabla...

Two explanations:

1. Burn failed.

2. Download failed, embarcodero claims IE9 cannot handle 2+ GB downloads.. I
say hogwash to that... but perhaps there is some truth in it...

Well this is just great... more problems... just what I needed Microsoft
thanks man !

Bye,
Skybug.

Skybuck Flying

Unbelieveable, second burn failed too, or at least the verification didn't
start.

There is also a visual bar missing to indicate how long the bar really
is....

Is it too much to draw a fricking 2d bar ?!

Auto play seem to be running weird, dvd not coming out.

Another nice microsoft fok up..

It's like 50% of microsoft software not working, pretty typical.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Now the DVD refuses to come out of the DVD drive ?!? By pressing the button
on the front of the drive ?!?!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ?! WOW.

My next PC will be runnung ubuntu or so if this **** doesnt improve with
windows 8.

I will be running windows 8 in a virtual environment from ubuntu.

And if windows 8 is any good, maybe I will switch to it.

But from today onwards Microsoft has lost all my confidence.

And Steve Ballmer is apperently a douchebag.

He's playing with metro while his main operating system is full with bugs
and ****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

A reboot was needed to get the dvd drive working again I think at least...

Now the DVD has been verified and md5 checksums checked... and the DVD is
ok.

So at least the burning went ok on the second try.

Kinda interesting how the top DVD seems to have a bad burn, maybe because
it's exposed to temperature swings a bit more closely.

Anyway now I can go test the latest knoppix 6.7.1 dvd english, to see if it
can use my motherboard's realtek PCIe gigabyte ethernet controller.

I am hopefull that it will since linux is supposed to support realtek
stuff...

So here goes, rebooting into knoppix live dvd !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Success ! =D

I am now very happy that I went through all the trouble of making this
knoppix live dvd !

It was well worth the effort to do it perfectly ! =D

Knoppix worked like a charm straight out of the box so to say, straight out
of the DVD ! =D

I went nice fullscreen 1920x1200, seem to detect my x-fi though I didn't
test it.

And it connected to the internet just fine !

The chromo browser was also kinda impressive but unexpected, I expected
other/more browser to be present.

No basic java support in chromo though.

But this Knoppix DVD makes me very happy ! It's pretty good for browsing the
internet/world wide web from a DVD !

It can also access all 4 drives without breaking a sweat !

So I could/can use Knoppix DVD to access my files even if Windows screws up
totally !

A nice comforting thought ! I might even consider installing Knoppix on a
harddisk, but there are probably better distro's.

Knoppix did seem a bit messy/peculiar in it's software pick but ok... for a
freeby it's real nice.

I consider this DVD as important as the Windows XP 64 bit DVD and therefore
I stored Knoppix right next to it in a save place ! =D

This is one of the best DVD's I ever made ! I am very proud to have it
too ! =D

And I can highly recommend that all computer users make a Knoppix DVD as an
emergency backup ! =D

Yeah for Knoppix ! Boooooo for Microsoft ! =D

I even sing it's name: "Knoppi Knoppi Knoppiiiieee" ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

I tell you one more thing: