Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony NEX-7 preview

Sony NEX-7 preview

RichA

Irwell

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 05:26:49 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:

> http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/15/s...preview-video/

Thanks for the link, looks like a good 'un.

RichA

On Sep 20, 11:35*am, Irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 05:26:49 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:
> >http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/15/s...ds-on-preview-...

> Thanks for the link, looks like a good 'un.

Yes, I was hoping it would be a bit larger than the other NEX's.

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sep 20, 11:35*am, Irwell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 05:26:49 -0700 (PDT), RichA wrote:
>> >http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/15/s...ds-on-preview-...

>> Thanks for the link, looks like a good 'un.

>Yes, I was hoping it would be a bit larger than the other NEX's.

The two videos looked far from sharp, even on a 1080p monitor.

I wonder why?

The point was well made, several times over, that the lens(es)
supplied to the journalists in the press party fell well short of the
resolution of the sensor.

Bruce

Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> The two videos looked far from sharp, even on a 1080p monitor.
>> I wonder why?
>>
>> The point was well made, several times over, that the lens(es)
>> supplied to the journalists in the press party fell well short of the
>> resolution of the sensor.

>No surprise. 24 megapixels on APS need something at least as good as
>most Micro 4/3rds lenses.

What did you think of the HD 1080p videos? I get better, sharper
results from my old Canon PowerShot G9, and they are 1024 x 768.

It looks as though the NEX-7 still needs a lot of firmware development
before it hits the stores. We have been given a date for our first
delivery but I can't see the firmware being ready for then.

RichA

On Sep 21, 3:34*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> The two videos looked far from sharp, even on a 1080p monitor. *
> >> I wonder why?

> >> The point was well made, several times over, that the lens(es)
> >> supplied to the journalists in the press party fell well short of the
> >> resolution of the sensor.

> >No surprise. *24 megapixels on APS need something at least as good as
> >most Micro 4/3rds lenses.

> What did you think of the HD 1080p videos? *I get better, sharper
> results from my old Canon PowerShot G9, and they are 1024 x 768.

I haven't seen the videos. Which site had them?

Bruce

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sep 21, 3:34*am, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >No surprise. *24 megapixels on APS need something at least as good as
>> >most Micro 4/3rds lenses.

>> What did you think of the HD 1080p videos? *I get better, sharper
>> results from my old Canon PowerShot G9, and they are 1024 x 768.

>I haven't seen the videos. Which site had them?

It was the site you posted the link to:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/15/s...preview-video/