Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > securing wireless networks

securing wireless networks

Would b Hero

I'm using a wireless connection for a labtop to use the internet, however i
feel that people are using my internet connection. How do i put password on
it so only certain people the password can use it? also will that effect the
computer i'm also using that is plugged in with a cable?

Malke

Would b Hero wrote:

> I'm using a wireless connection for a labtop to use the internet,
> however i feel that people are using my internet connection. How do i
> put password on it so only certain people the password can use it?
> also will that effect the computer i'm also using that is plugged in
> with a cable?

You need to enable encryption on the router. Then you'll enter the
encryption key into any computers connecting wirelessly. Here are links
to help you with wireless security:

The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN -
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=43

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers