Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > stem

Mark

Hi,

I am looking for library that will produce a steam from the word (core
of the word).
When the input will be "hate", the output will be "hat", for
"smiling", "smil" etc.
Next I would like to searching this stems in the text.

Do you know any good library to produce steams from words ?

Thanks for help !

Jeff Higgins

On 09/16/2011 04:31 PM, Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for library that will produce a steam from the word (core
> of the word).
> When the input will be "hate", the output will be "hat", for
> "smiling", "smil" etc.
> Next I would like to searching this stems in the text.
>
> Do you know any good library to produce steams from words ?
>
> Thanks for help !

Web search terms java+word+stemmer.
If you are looking for recommendations add+recommend.
I use the GATE platform quite a bit and I'm pleased with it's capabilities.
< http://gate.ac.uk/>