Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Improving composition

Improving composition

mmyvusenet

Hello:

The last weekend I took this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/

Perhaps even the composition can be improved.

Thanks for your comments.

MMYV

Bruce

"Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello:
>>
>> The last weekend I took this photo:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
>>
>> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.

>Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
>horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
>attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.

There's a man who knows all there is to know about composition.

Robert Coe

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:44:14 -0700, "Frank S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: "Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:22zcq.444068$(E-Mail Removed). com...
: >
: > "mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >> Hello:
: >>
: >> The last weekend I took this photo:
: >>
: >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
: >>
: >> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
: >>
: >> Thanks for your comments.
: >
: > Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
: > horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
: > attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.
: >
: >
:
: I would make a greater effort to have vertical people and objects
: near the center of the scene be more true to vertical. Distortion
: at the edges of the scene may be camera- or lens-related; those
: at the center are the responsibility of the camera-driver.

Yes, and the picture cries out for fill flash, aimed at the rider of the
nearer horse. His face is uttelly lost against the black background of the
building.

Bob

mmyvusenet

"Gary Eickmeier" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:22zcq.444068$(E-Mail Removed) ing.com...

"mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello:
>>
>> The last weekend I took this photo:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
>>
>> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.

> Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
> horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
> attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Hello Gary, I took this photo more closely:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6163489303/

Thanks for your comment, very interesting,

MMYV

mmyvusenet

"Robert Coe" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias(E-Mail Removed) m...

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:44:14 -0700, "Frank S" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:
: "Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:22zcq.444068$(E-Mail Removed). com...
: >
: > "mmyvusenet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: >> Hello:
: >>
: >> The last weekend I took this photo:
: >>
: >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
: >>
: >> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
: >>
: >> Thanks for your comments.
: >
: > Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
: > horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
: > attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.
: >
: >
:
: I would make a greater effort to have vertical people and objects
: near the center of the scene be more true to vertical. Distortion
: at the edges of the scene may be camera- or lens-related; those
: at the center are the responsibility of the camera-driver.

> Yes, and the picture cries out for fill flash, aimed at the rider of the
> nearer horse. His face is uttelly lost against the black background of the
> building.
>
> Bob

Bob and Frank, thanks for your comments, this is much closer:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6164184305/

I always try to improve these photos.

MMYV