Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 12 Msupdates last night killed Google Website access

12 Msupdates last night killed Google Website access

RayC

as above

since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to

www.google.com
www.google.co.nz
www.google.com.au
just times out to a network problem.

many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.

they have altered the default search provider settings as well.

all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.

Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.

any others noticed this as well.

Stephen Worthington

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:19:18 +1200, "RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>as above
>
>since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to
>
>www.google.com
>www.google.co.nz
>www.google.com.au
>just times out to a network problem.
>
>many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.
>
>they have altered the default search provider settings as well.
>
>all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.
>
>Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.
>
>any others noticed this as well.

Since I use Firefox, I am unaffected. But I just ran IE to check it
out and it is still set to use Google and I can still access the
Google sites.

Ralph Fox

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:18:10 +1200, in messages <4wbcq.169461$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com> and <1vbcq.201961$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com>
RayC wrote:

> Subject: 12 Msupdates last night killed Google Website access
> as above
>
> since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to
> www.google.com
> www.google.co.nz
> www.google.com.au
> just times out to a network problem.
>
> many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.
> they have altered the default search provider settings as well.
> all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.
>
> Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.
> any others noticed this as well.

No problem here. Still working with Firefox 6.0.2 and with IE9.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Donchano

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:19:18 +1200, "RayC" <(E-Mail Removed)>
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>as above
>
>since last night updates and a reboot I cannot get access to
>
>www.google.com
>www.google.co.nz
>www.google.com.au
>just times out to a network problem.
>
>many other sites around the world are fine for webpage loading and viewing.
>
>they have altered the default search provider settings as well.
>
>all reference to Google has been disabled.Bing is ok.
>
>Heck, if MS did this deliberately there will be hell to pay.
>
>any others noticed this as well.

I haven't done the latest Windows update yet. I do them manually. But
I did notice that Facebook was down for a couple of hours this
morning.

When I tried to follow a link in an email all I got was a blank page.
Same thing when I typed www.facebook.com in my browser (FF4.0.1).

Frank Williams

Yes now my Washing machine will not Boot up..?

Donchano

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:31:14 +1200, Kiwi <(E-Mail Removed)> shouted
from the highest rooftop:

>On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 21:35:59 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 16/09/2011 3:52 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>>>

>>> Yes now my Washing machine will not Boot up..?
>>>

>>Give her a slap on the arse and kick her out of bed then.

>10/10. Nice to see a bit of humour in nz comp.

+ 1