Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Intel i7 3930K LGA 2011

Intel i7 3930K LGA 2011

Netman

Hello!

I am going to buy processor Intel i7 3930K
in Q4 2011. This can be set up on 2011 socket.

Will I be able to change only the processor
Intel i7 3930K onto the Ivy Bridge processor that
will be released on March 2012?
Will LGA 2011 socket will fit for socket of Intel i7 3930K?
I want to change only the processor without changing other
elements of my new computer.

Thank you in advance for help
Netm.

James D Andrews

Netman banged his head on his keyboard to write :
> Hello!
>
> I am going to buy processor Intel i7 3930K
> in Q4 2011. This can be set up on 2011 socket.
>
> Will I be able to change only the processor
> Intel i7 3930K onto the Ivy Bridge processor that
> will be released on March 2012?
> Will LGA 2011 socket will fit for socket of Intel i7 3930K?
> I want to change only the processor without changing other
> elements of my new computer.
>
> Thank you in advance for help
> Netm.

Just curious, but why are you purchasing a processor in 2011 Q4 you
intend to replace in 2012 Q1, or did I just read that wrong?

--
-There are some who call me...
Jim

"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because
you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra

Netman

Uzytkownik "James D Andrews" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
news:j4rb5s$ein$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Netman banged his head on his keyboard to write :
>> Hello!
>>
>> I am going to buy processor Intel i7 3930K
>> in Q4 2011. This can be set up on 2011 socket.
>>
>> Will I be able to change only the processor
>> Intel i7 3930K onto the Ivy Bridge processor that
>> will be released on March 2012?
>> Will LGA 2011 socket will fit for socket of Intel i7 3930K?
>> I want to change only the processor without changing other
>> elements of my new computer.
>>
>> Thank you in advance for help
>> Netm.

> Just curious, but why are you purchasing a processor in 2011 Q4 you intend
> to replace in 2012 Q1, or did I just read that wrong?
>
> --
> -There are some who call me...
> Jim
>

> "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you
> might not get there."
> - Yogi Berra

I have slow computer and I need it for rendering videos in Sony Vegas Pro
and I don`t want to wait till Q2 2012.
Could you answer my previous question? Will it suit to the motherboard that
I would buy in Q4 2011.

Thank you in advance
Netm.

Paul

Netman wrote:
> Uzytkownik "James D Andrews" <(E-Mail Removed)> napisal w wiadomosci
> news:j4rb5s$ein$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Netman banged his head on his keyboard to write :
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I am going to buy processor Intel i7 3930K
>>> in Q4 2011. This can be set up on 2011 socket.
>>>
>>> Will I be able to change only the processor
>>> Intel i7 3930K onto the Ivy Bridge processor that
>>> will be released on March 2012?
>>> Will LGA 2011 socket will fit for socket of Intel i7 3930K?
>>> I want to change only the processor without changing other
>>> elements of my new computer.
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance for help
>>> Netm.

>> Just curious, but why are you purchasing a processor in 2011 Q4 you intend
>> to replace in 2012 Q1, or did I just read that wrong?
>>
>> --
>> -There are some who call me...
>> Jim
>>

>> "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you
>> might not get there."
>> - Yogi Berra
>>

> I have slow computer and I need it for rendering videos in Sony Vegas Pro
> and I don`t want to wait till Q2 2012.
> Could you answer my previous question? Will it suit to the motherboard that
> I would buy in Q4 2011.
>
> Thank you in advance
> Netm.

Unclear at this time.

You would hope, with the introduction of a new socket this year, it
would be reusable next year. But with the problems they're having
with the LGA 2011 platform, this doesn't come with a guarantee.

Maybe you should repeat the research you've done so far, on the
day that the LGA 2011 parts can be purchased. As then, the Intel
Powerpoint slide sets may have been updated to reflect their latest
plans.

Paul