Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Non Digital Cameras-How to dispose them?

Non Digital Cameras-How to dispose them?

bm

I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
Is there anyone who would want them ?
Blair

otter

On Sep 14, 8:38*am, "bm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
> them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
> Is there anyone who would want them ?
> Blair

You can give them to Goodwill, or some place like that.

J. Clarke

In article <j4qaol$b42$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

> I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
> them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
> Is there anyone who would want them ?

Ebay is always an option. Even if you don't get anything for the
cameras you get the buyer to pay for carting them off.

Robert Coe

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:38:23 +0100, "bm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand
: for them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not
: seem right. Is there anyone who would want them ?

See if your local high school or community college wants them. For reasons I
don't entirely grasp, such institutions sometimes want to teach their
photography students about film.

Bob

nick c

bm wrote:
> I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
> them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
> Is there anyone who would want them ?
> Blair

Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
fun the camera.

David Ruether

"nick c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j4s3dh$bmu$(E-Mail Removed):
> bm wrote:

> > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
> > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
> > Is there anyone who would want them ?
> > Blair

> Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
> F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
> stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
> something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
> fun [with] the camera.

I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
"give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography!
Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
12mm lens on it...
--DR

nick c

David Ruether wrote:

> "nick c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:j4s3dh$bmu$(E-Mail Removed):
>> bm wrote:

>> > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand

>> for
>> > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not

>> seem right.
>> > Is there anyone who would want them ?
>> > Blair

>> Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
>> F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
>> stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
>> something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
>> fun [with] the camera.

> I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
> "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
> of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
> and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography!
> Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
> 12mm lens on it...
> --DR

I fully accept the ease and technical wonders of digital photography as
opposed to the era of film but I have to say, in my opinion, I think
film with its subtle capability, was a more artistically creative media
which depended upon the technical knowledge and intuitiveness of the
photographer.

Robert Coe

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:04 +0000, "David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
:
:
: > bm wrote:
:
: > > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
: > > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
: > > Is there anyone who would want them ?
: > > Blair
:
: > Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
: > F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
: > stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
: > something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
: > fun [with] the camera.
:
: I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
: "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
: of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
: and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography!
: Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
: 12mm lens on it...
: --DR

My wife and I have a ghastly Statue-of-Liberty radio that my mother gave us at
the time of the U.S. Bicentennial in 1976. But we recognized immediately that
it's a prime example of over-the-top Bicentennial kitsch, and we have
preserved it in mint condition in its original package. I predict that someday
our grandchildren will cash it in for a princely sum.

Bob

David Ruether

"Robert Coe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:31:04 +0000, "David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> : "nick c" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:j4s3dh$bmu$(E-Mail Removed):
> : > bm wrote:

> : > > I have 3 excellent non digital cameras and I know there is no demand for
> : > > them but the thought of disposing them in the waste bin does not seem right.
> : > > Is there anyone who would want them ?
> : > > Blair

> : > Although I have four digital cameras, a short time ago, I bought a Nikon
> : > F100 that was in absolute mint condition. Local camera stores still
> : > stock film and having film developed has not been a problem. There's
> : > something about B&W film that I don't see in digital. Anyway, I'm having
> : > fun [with] the camera.

> : I have several mint or VERY near mint film cameras I will NOT
> : "give" away - they are worth more as nice reminders of an age
> : of an earlier imaging type. I have Nikon FG, FA, N2000, N8008,
> : and F100 bodies, all great for some types of photography!
> : Oh, and then there is also the Voightlander Bessa, with the
> : 12mm lens on it...
> : --DR

> My wife and I have a ghastly Statue-of-Liberty radio that my mother gave us at
> the time of the U.S. Bicentennial in 1976. But we recognized immediately that
> it's a prime example of over-the-top Bicentennial kitsch, and we have
> preserved it in mint condition in its original package. I predict that someday
> our grandchildren will cash it in for a princely sum.
>
> Bob

8^)
So, I see that you've been watching too many episodes of
"Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", "Antiques Roadshow", etc.
Sometimes "junque" really is junk... (Although the
rusted out, holey, beaten-up stuff pulled out of falling-
down barns, etc. on "American Pickers" and supposedly
regularly sold for high prices does make one wonder...
--DR

tony cooper

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:16:56 +0000, "David Ruether"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So, I see that you've been watching too many episodes of
>"Pawn Stars", "American Pickers", "Antiques Roadshow", etc.
>Sometimes "junque" really is junk... (Although the
>rusted out, holey, beaten-up stuff pulled out of falling-
>down barns, etc. on "American Pickers" and supposedly
>regularly sold for high prices does make one wonder...
>--DR

What I would love to do is follow those guys on "American Pickers" and
photograph some of the rusted out stuff and falling-down barns.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida